Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Post 40: About a month ago

Can't believe I didn't take a "before" picture of the garage.  Not one.  So here's one from yesterday instead.  The space is better than it was a month ago but still pretty messy.

Untitled

So yeah, plugs, more plugs, and lights.  I decided that starting in the 2-car part of the garage was best because at least it had one light that I could tap into.  Plus, it's not only me who goes out there.  I figured it was probably smart to make sure the wife and kids could safely navigate their way to the freezer when necessary. So I tapped into the single light fixture and expanded the circuit to include a bunch more lights and couple of cheap Craigslist ceiling fans.

Untitled

Untitled

Part of the reason for the clutter, beyond just having moved, is that at the old house I had the yard stuff in a shed, the garage stuff in the garage, and the attic stuff in the attic. Now I had everything in the garage. So when I finished the lights, which involved being up in the attic to do some wiring, I went ahead and worked on the attic space. I strung a few lights and cleaned up the mess that the roofers had left before, then laid down some 2x4s and OSB for a floor. This gave me quite a bit of extra space to put things that didn't belong in the garage.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Now I could finally start clearing some space to work in the garage. This alcove in front of the Ford was floor-to-ceiling boxes and tubs and crap that I put in the attic. This is where I started what was to be a garage overhaul.

Untitled

Oh yeah, this blog used to be about a car, right? Here she is in the new space, waiting patiently for attention. The first few pictures are from when she moved in, the last is how she's been abused lately, being used for box storage. But she looks different from last January at least, right? I told you the first part of 2015 was busy.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment