Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Post 43: Now, with 100% more ceiling!

First, I want to congratulate myself because it's only February 2nd and I've already posted more times in 2016 than 2015.

Next, I realize I'm painting myself into a corner with today's post, as it catches me up to the present day and leaves me with nothing to post about tomorrow, but I'll make do.  I guess that just means I'll have to get something accomplished after work tonight.  Or maybe post something about the Ford.

Here's a photo-progression of the remaining insulation and sheetrock installation in the 3rd car garage stall:

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Bonus points if you spotted the rarely-seen "Dad" in the pictures above.

So, yeah, that's pretty much what it looks like today. We had to drop the garage door opener and tracks down to do the sheetrock underneath, and it's a good thing we did. Everything always looked kinda crooked to me from below and it turns out that it's because they were all completely messed up. I'm not sure how the door ever opened and shut correctly, considering that the rails and opener track were basically laid out as a parallelogram instead of a rectangle. Anyway, we fixed everything and it works fine. I had to pull down the inside track again the other day to finish the ceiling and I haven't reinstalled the supports yet, but that will be easy. Now I guess it's on to taping and mudding...

No comments:

Post a Comment