Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Post 44: Slingin' mud

Over the last two weekends, I've finished hanging all of the sheetrock in the garage, taped almost all of the seams, and have at least two coats of mud over the taped joints.  I haven't ever done this kind of work before and it took a while to get the hang of it.  It's not unlike auto bodywork, what with the spreading of filler and sanding with finer and finer paper and all, and though it's similarly frustrating, tiring, and difficult, it also offers fairly instant visual gratification as it progresses.  The bottom line is that I don't totally hate it, but I'm looking forward to it being done.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Photographically, we're caught up to two days ago. I got a lot more done yesterday but forgot to take pictures. I'll post them up tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment