Monday, January 20, 2014

Post 11: I'm so sick of cleaning

I spent most of the last 3 days working on Maude, and though I know I got a lot of work done, it's one of those times when I can't really see the results. Worse, I blew a few self-imposed deadlines. I thought I'd get the undercarriage cleaned, painted, and bedliner-ed. I also thought I'd get the firewall primered and blocked.

Well, I scraped and chipped and brushed and sanded for hours and I almost finished the undercarriage cleaning. Last night I stopped with only the wheel wells to go. Today I spent about 5 hours cleaning....ONE friggin' wheel well. It was brutal. By the time I finished, I had absolutely no interest in painting the bare metal I uncovered. I will try to get that done after work this week.

I also managed to get the trunk fully welded up, so that's a victory. I don't think I'm going to worry about dressing the welds though. It's all going to get covered up by sound deadener and, eventually, carpet and stuff. And I did work on the firewall for a few hours. Got 3 or 4 more rounds of filler on there. I'm trying hard to shape and block it perfectly - at least, as perfectly shade-tree as I can. But I didn't get any primer shot on there. I'll try to get that done next weekend.

002

002

004

005

006

007

009

No comments:

Post a Comment