Thursday, January 2, 2014

Post 2

Well, I already blew it. I didn't make any progress today, so I have no new pictures. I guess I was aiming pretty high.

I was thinking about the time-lapse photo idea and I'm not sure that will work, either. I would probably end up posting what appeared to be the exact same picture over and over again. That would be boring.

Instead, I think I'll try to just post something. Anything, really, that has to do with this car. I'll start today by posting one of the oldest pictures I could find. I know there are more, but they are probably pre-digital camera era. I should really get the film that's been in my closet for 15 years developed sometime.

100_3043

This is Maude circa 2004. She had been in storage (read: sitting outside in a field) at my parents' house for a few years. She was my daily driver until about 2001, then we bought a new car and kept moving into rentals with 1-car garages, and for some reason I couldn't justify leaving the new out one while the old one stayed in.

Side note: I can definitely justify that today. We have a 3-car garage and Maude is usually the only one in there.

Anyway, this was right before I started tearing the car down to rebuild the motor and spruce her up a bit.

What a difference 9 years can make...  I mean, she still doesn't run and I still have her torn down to work on the motor (among other things), but some differences jump out at me.  Nothing under the hood is there anymore - motor, radiator, wiring, master cylinder.  Also, my backyard is paved now.  I'm pretty sure that happened right after I started in on the car and realized that I didn't want to lay on the weedy dirt underneath her.

No comments:

Post a Comment