Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Post 13: Distractions

So, this happened today.

005

002

I've had a bunch of engine parts up for sale on a few forums and someone bought the cam. Of course, I had to pretty much take the whole thing apart to get the cam out. I wasn't planning to work on the motor yet, but I can't buy any parts for the build until I earn a few bucks.

Anyway, as a result of the teardown I learned that the previous owner didn't change the oil too often but the motor looks pretty solid overall.  There is still crosshatching in the cylinders, which many people see in LS motors with 100k miles or more.  The guy I bought this motor from said the car had around 75k but I didn't see the car or any proof of mileage.  The motor ran really well when I had it in the Ford and didn't leak or anything, but now I feel better about his story.

No comments:

Post a Comment